Government Rebates are Now Here!
Work with a participating Alberta contractor to increase your at-home energy efficiency with Upgraded Furnaces, Tankless Water Heaters and Drain Recovery—all at a great discount.
Alberta Home Energy Efficiency Plan Government Rebate
When you work with a Registered HVAC company to make your energy efficient upgrades to your home, you will then be able to qualify for Alberta's Government rebate program. Energy Efficiency Alberta recommends getting at least three quotes from Registered Contractors, who will be able to provide you with more details and an estimate of your rebate based on your home's existing insulation, windows, and hot water heater.
The New Home Energy Plan program offers the best in energy efficiency incentives.
- Higher rebate amounts that are only available in this program. Including a new $500 minimum rebate for boiler and furnace upgrades.
- $1,000 bonus rebate when you complete three or more upgrades to your home.
- $300 rebate toward your Home Energy Evaluation to find out where the best savings are, personalized for your home.
- More rebate options, Home Energy Plan program includes all the great products found in our Home Improvement Rebates program, plus even more, like furnaces, boilers, window glazing/inserts and skylights.
Tankless Water Heater
An ENERGY STAR®-approved tankless water heater gives your home the incredible advantage of never running out of hot water—and it’s the most cost-effective way to heat water to boot.
Tankless water systems take up less space, waste less energy and may even provide hot water faster than conventional systems. Domestic hot water upgrades to ENERGY STAR® tankless systems present a tremendous energy-saving opportunity over older, storage tank systems, especially those equipped with standing pilot lights.
Rebates of up to $1000 are available for the installation of a new ENERGY STAR® tankless hot water heater. Your contractor will be able to provide minimum estimates of how much money you can expect to get back in rebates and will be able to provide more details and walk you through the process.
Drain Water Heat Recovery
Turn the waste heat going down the drain into valuable energy savings.
Drain Water Heat Recovery (DWHR) devices are silent, maintenance-free energy savers that capture heat otherwise destined for the sewer, and transfer it to cold water coming into your hot water heating device. This results in less energy being required to heat your water to the desired temperature.
Rebates of up to $500 are available for the installation of a new DWHR device. Rebates will vary based on the energy savings modelled by a Participating Contractor for your project. Factors that impact the rebate are the device you choose, the flow rate of your shower heads and the number of showers which drain through the portion of the plumbing system where the DWHR device is installed. The following examples provide some estimates of how much money you can expect to get back in rebates—your contractor will be able to provide more specific details and walk you through the process.
How Does It Work?
Follow these simple steps:
1. Complete your EnerGuide* Home Energy Evaluation
- Choose an Energy Advisor and schedule your Home Energy Evaluation.
- We recommend getting at least two quotes as rates may vary.
- $300 rebate will be applied directly to your Home Energy Evaluation invoice.
- Your Energy Advisor will assess your home from top to bottom and work with you to determine what energy-efficient upgrades work best for you.
2. Get your custom home report
- Your home report will be available online at homeenergyplan.ca within 2-3 weeks after your Home Energy Evaluation is completed.
- The report will show you where the best savings are in your home and will list all available energy efficiency rebates.
- Use your home report to select eligible upgrades, such as furnaces, insulation and windows.
3. Complete the recommended upgrades and get your rebate
- Once renovations are complete, apply for a rebate:
- If you used a contractor from our network, the contractor will submit your rebate application on your behalf (for qualifying “common upgrades” only, see the Program Guide).
- If you used a non-registered contractor or completed the renovations yourself, a post-renovation Home Energy Evaluation is required to determine the energy savings prior to applying for your rebate.
4. Bonus Rebates
Sign up today (Energy Efficiency Alberta) and receive an additional $1,000 rebate when you complete three or more eligible upgrades.
Canadian Clean Air Services offers the best in Furnace, Fireplace, and Air Conditioning installations. We also offer repairs,
HVAC servicing, financing options, maintenance plans, and free assessments.
We proudly serve the communities of St. Albert, Spruce Grove, Sherwood Park, Wabamun,
Drayton Valley, Stoney Plain, Edmonton and surrounding areas.